Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - PTEX fix on a core shot.
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 03:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
andrewdod
Veteran Member

Default PTEX fix on a core shot.

Okay, so it was the last of waterville's season and i was there hit some rails, did some boxes, hit some rocks. Long story short my board now has a coreshot. probably thought i would at the end of the day anyways. Basically what i'm looking for is some advice on how to fix it. I know i light the candle let the ptex drip in, scrape, etc. What i wanna know basically is if there are any tips and tricks. I got a limited bag of tools since im not at home in my garage, im up at school. here's what i have to work with.
Basically a dakine tune kit, and whatever is in the trunk of my car in my toolbox. (no pic of that.)

Heres the zoomed out pic of the gouge.

Zoomed in bottom, this is where the coreshot is.
[/URL]
and zoomed in top, no coreshot but the gouge continues.

So one of my questions is, should i just fill the coreshot or do the whole gouge?
and another one is, if i fix it tonight (currently the board is drying.) will it be good to ride again on wednesday? should i use the black ptex on the black portion and the clear on the white? Ive never had to repair a coreshot like this before. Just wanna make sure i do it right since this board is only 4 months old. I kinda feel like i just popped its cherry...