Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Waterproof/Breathability - CONFUSED/EXPLAINED
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 09:19 PM   #17 (permalink)
danmyersmn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarjida View Post
What do you recommend for layering under the jacket and pants (specifically in Arizona)? It's my first time snowboarding and I don't have a lot of money to spend on gear (already bought pants, jacket and boots). Can I wear an Under Armour short-sleeved, crew neck shirt with a long-sleeved, cotton crew neck shirt over it, and a fleece jacket over it, and my 10,000mm jacket over that? Is that too much? What brand would you recommend for undergarments and socks, or what characteristics should I look for in those?
cheap set of polyester long underwear tops and bottoms for your base layer. Polartec pants and long sleeve shirt for your insulation layer and your jacket and pants for your outer shell. Ditch the polartec if its a warm/hot day. If its not hip/cool enough then a triple long cotton t-shirt and hoodie with a beanie and just put up with being cold and wet.

oh, and on a budget then go to goodwill and search for polyester i.e. "old person clothes"

same thing with your feet. polyester boot liners topped with a good set of merol wool socks. Or, goodwill for polyster business socks as a liner.

Last edited by danmyersmn; 07-01-2009 at 09:23 PM.