Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - mapping your day
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 10:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
surfinsnow
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgingPunk View Post
How many of you plan your day out at a resort, not talking backcountry, based on aspect (not sure if I'm using the term correctly ie facing direction) with regards to sun exposure and/or wind? Do you use information like this to find better conditions, hunt pow, etc? I see it talked about here and on other sites but just wondering how many people put that much forethought into a day at a resort. Being a bit ocd with planning it's something that would appeal to, just not sure how helpful it would actually be.
Absolutely. Stowe, Stratton, even Mt. Snow (all Vermont, of course, but it's the same anywhere) all have multiple faces that get sunlight at different times. Riding in the sun is always nicer, unless there is flat light and fresh powder, in which case it doesn't matter. But yeah, I definitely try to follow the sun around the mountains.

BTW, I can hardly plan dinner, but for some reason I try to watch where the sun is when I'm riding.
surfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote