Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Arbor Blacklist vs 2015 Westmark Wide

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Byrdbones 
#1 ·
Hey all, still new to the forums, but I'm an Intermediate rider who has been getting more and more into park lately. For my next season I was pretty locked in on a Arbor Blacklist since I'm 6'2 165-170lb, and size 12 boots. However for 2014-2015 Arbor is ditching the Blacklist and just adding a wide option to the Westmark.

First I was thinking of getting the 154CM (feel free to weigh in) since...
A) I'm going wide, so I want it to be light as possible for jibs.

B) Since I'll be in the park 90% of the time, Im looking for ease of control over speed stability.

and so... do I pull the trigger on last seasons and grab a great deal on the Blacklist, or should I wait for the Westmark wide version, possibly more options and/or a newly designed deck? :dunno:

#5 ·
I can't tell if you're aware, but the Blacklist is just the midwide version of the Westmark. Arbor decided instead of having a different name, to just call the Blacklist the mid-wide Westmark. It's the exact same board for 2015, you might as well pick up a 2014 Blacklist at a discount if you can find any in the size you want.

If you want a blacklist, I'm not sure why Arbor's name change, changes what you want. Get the blacklist or the Westmark mid wide, they're the same board

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.