Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

The Colorado Conditions, Meet ups and General Talk Thread

644K views 8K replies 303 participants last post by  bseracka 
#1 ·
I know it's early, but damn, we need some snow.

Colorado | OpenSnow

That shit looks like a repeat of last season.

#2,684 ·
Kind of sad? Down right depressing is more like it. I can't even count how many days I woke up with a 6"+ snow alert, knowing I had to be at work. Looking back I should have just sucked it up and gone on a few weekends, minus the one that was a 12 hour ride back to denver. Glad I skipped that one.

This post has been deleted
#2,704 ·
From what I heard from my lil bro and some other friends anything up high on Peak 8 was a free for all. Guess the owner of Fatypuss skis and some guy got into it at T-Bar. Then a group got into it at Imperial. Heard something about a scuffle at Six Chair. Peaks 10 and 6 were empty and fun, plus lower mountain was super solid so waiting in line just didn't make sense.

#2,712 ·
Can I get some advice from you CO guys as to whether I've trimmed too much "fat" from this little trip?

Leave MN at 6:05AM Monday (20th) Arrive in DEN at 7:05ish, wait for board at carousel, have rental mental buddy get the rental car, high tail it to Luvvy obviously not for first tracks but not too late.
Head over to Breck Monday evening when Luv shuts, stay there Monday night, Tuesday night, ride Breck till close Wednesday, then hightail back to airport for 8:05PM Wednesday night flight...

Seems pretty theoretically feasible, right?

#2,733 ·
Leave MN at 6:05AM Monday (20th) Arrive in DEN at 7:05ish, wait for board at carousel, have rental mental buddy get the rental car, high tail it to Luvvy obviously not for first tracks but not too late.
Head over to Breck Monday evening when Luv shuts, stay there Monday night, Tuesday night, ride Breck till close Wednesday, then hightail back to airport for 8:05PM Wednesday night flight...

Seems pretty theoretically feasible, right?
Just to follow up, and not that anyone gives a fuck, but I changed the DEN>MSP flight to the following brutal 6:15AM Thursday morning. We figure we'll close down Breck on Wed, have a couple apres beers, and then leisurely pop down to Denver to get shit-bombed. If any of you guys see a giant dork in a track suit and blue helmet (most comfortable hat I've ever owned!), stop and say hi! I'll grab you a cocktail...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.