Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Question for Longboarders
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 10:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
.....My thought was: "that cop was several hundred yards away and you still couldn't stop or avoid him without bailing?"

I'm not really looking for comments about the cop, more looking to learn about the speed, the lack of brakes and traffic. It just seemed to me that could easily have just been someone taking a left, seemed like there was lots of room. I probably would have turned in front of them.

Enlighten me

I would not have chosen that street to ride on, especially at those speeds. My guess is they might have reacted the same way if it had just been "Joe Blow" dickhead on a cell phone turning in front of them. Shock, surprise, not thinking/reacting far enough ahead, etc. etc.

BUT,... in that instance, that would have been an accident! (...sort of.) This?? This was deliberate and from an officer sworn to "Protect" the public! I don't care what kind of day he had or how many other dickhead longboarders he's had to deal with! You don't use a 2000+ vehicle to block the path of someone on a skateboard.

I believe that cop should be charged with assault! I hope the video Hangs him!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
2014/15
chomps1211 is online now   Reply With Quote