Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Fernie advice needed urgent.
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 02:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
funkerson

If your a laid back kinda person, thats not lookin for anything too fancy than i would definitely recommend Fernie, its a 'small' hill by some European standards but after 2 seasons there with the ski patrol it could still through up a few surprices as there really is a huge amount of terrain!

town is a cool place to hang out, small enough that its a relatively tight crowd but big enough to be easy to get jobs/accommodation, especially if you there pre-season, or willing to do anything (the ski hill had jobs available all season last time i was there) and has 5/6 bars (dont know what the person wa stlaking about who said 1 bar) in town and possibly still one night club?!? (plus a pretty happening house party scene when i was last there - 2 years ago)

Expect to see people riding with duct tape on there boots and buying nothing but pasta in the supermarket - great hot tub poaching potential.....