Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Dinosaurs Will Die

5K views 39 replies 13 participants last post by  DC5R 
G
#1 ·
Hi,
I'm in MA and am trying to find a place that sells Dinosaurs Will Die snowboards. I can't find them anywhere. Even the places I try online don't have the board that I want. I'm looking for the 08/09 Genovese. Does anyone know where I can get one?
Thanks,
Rachel

G
#13 ·
Good and bad news everyone! I found a shop in Maine (two hours from where I am and the ONLY store in New England to sell Dinosaurs Will Die)...... BUT he says he doesn't feel good about selling me one because I'm so short! I'm only 5' and he even thinks that the 09/10 148 MAET (which is the smallest they have) is wayyy to big for me. He said he's sell it to me but he'd feel like a skumbag if he did.... my heart is broken now! Dinosaurs Will Die should not discriminate against the vertically challanged! lol :(

G
#15 ·
Nah he was a nice guy. I think he just wants me to like my board... and if it doesn't fit my size properly it will just suck no matter how cool it is... that's all he was saying. He seems pretty honest too.. he could have surely sold it to me and made a profit. He'd still sell it to me if I really wanted it, he's just advising me against it.

G
#19 ·
HAHAHA I'm a girl ... so you are so NOT getting that answer from me! :) lol but he said that you should base it more on your height and not your weight. He said weight does matter but height matters more. He seemed to know what he was talking about... apparently he's been snowboarding for 22 years.

#22 ·
That is so ridiculous! It sounds like he's keeping the board from you, or just yanking your chain.

And I firmly believe weight has so much more to do with it. Boards can't read your height but they can feel the weight you're applying to each side. The only way I could even think of height coming into play would be stance width, and I'm sure on a 148 you'd fit nicely within the inserts.

That guy sounds like a total asshole.

G
#24 ·
Really? Why would he do that though? He seemed pretty sincere. However, you could be right. But I think that a 148 would come up to my eyebrows and that the board should actually be between your chinand nose.

G
#29 ·
Well if that's the case maybe I will buy the board.... here's anothe dilema that I'm having... I can't get the 08/09 151 Genovese because it's just impossible at this point. So my only option is to get one from the 09/10 selection. I would prefer the kwon but the smallest is a 155 and I guess it's flex is only about a 7. The MAET on the other hand comes in the 148 (which is the one that is the smallest of them all) and has a felx of about 5. Which one would be best suited for me?

#30 ·
the shorter more flexier one. considering the 148 is just a tad long. the lighter flex will make it easier to manuever.

Weight definitely playes more of a role than height. but one thing I always tell girls. girls boards are specifically designed for girls, who have a lower center of gravity than guys. Get the DWD if you want it, but if you want to rep a solid board from a small but legit company Id check out the Omatic girls line if I were you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.