Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Weight training
Thread: Weight training
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 07:20 AM   #18 (permalink)
VenomousSVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catman View Post
For the biceps We used to do curls with a 45 lb. bench press bar with as much weight that your first set you fail at 8 reps.then do what we called stripping.You load the bar with 5 lb. or 10 lb. weights and each set you have a friend strip off one plate while holding the bar then do another set til fail (should be 6 ) and so on until you can't lift the bar then get your friend to help just enough to keep it moving.You will have the mother of all pumps if you put all you have into it! Do that once every three weeks and you will grow.
+1... it is a helluva arm growing exercise for sure!!! just dont do it too often it will have the negative on your arms as well and they will stop growing if you do this too often.

as for stomach, the majority of that (if you have some gut already, as do I)is to really count fat grams on EVERYTHING you eat! Cut your calorie intake donw some but worry the most about fat intake vs carbs... if you have a fatty day in food make sure there isnt a lot of carbs, the carbs will make you retain that fat. If you just watch your fat intake a ton then you wont have to overly worry about the cals or the carbs, AND your energy levels wont drop from dieting. Eat clean foods like chicken,tuna, lean ham, ect. Start asap on correct crunches and reverse crunches... when you first start 10 will probably make you want to puke, it did me!, but keep at it after a week of doing them that sensation will stop. Just do as many as you can bear at first without making yourself sick, you will build up that tollerance to working that muscle. I started 2 weeks ago doing crunches every night and I could barely do 2 sets of 10 without puking. Now I hit up 1 set of 100 right as soon as I finish cardio, then do a few sets of 10 of reverse crunches, thats more than I want when i get that 2-3rd set of reverses done. that WILL cut down that gut... you w2ill notice the sides sinking in first leaving just a tad of a belly right dab on the front of your stomach, it will start going away pretty quick too soon after.

depending on your BF% will determine how fast you will see results and depending on how strict you go on your diet.

09 GNU Riders Choice
09 GNU Fastecs
09 GNU Park Pickle
09 Burton Missions
Burton Sabbath's
VenomousSVT is offline   Reply With Quote