Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Backyard Set-up!
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 02:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
KBboards98

Thumbs up Backyard Set-up!

So, out here in Wisconsin, winters don't last very long. I wanted to build a Drop in for my backyard so I could use it in the summer for my friends and I. I wasn't sure where to start, and didn't really want to throw a ton of money into building a whole drop in. Luckily, a neighbor was getting rid of an old playset, so we dragged it down the alley behind a truck, and rolled it up into the yard. Due to very cold, rainy weather, we didn't get the ramp off of it until a warmer winter day, near the end of February. The ramp is about 6-6 and a half feet tall, and is 4 feet wide. And it rode awesome! We had really good sessions and progressed a lot using it. Right now we're adding railings on the sides at the top, and then it'll basically be where I want it to be. We're ordering turf to use it in summer, but not sure exactly not where to get it from. Anyone in the Milwaukee area know a place? Otherwise shipping is almost 80 bucks. Can't wait to be able to ride in summer! I'll attach pictures of the progression of the build.

Here's a link to me doing a 5050, 180 out on it the first day we had it done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRzJd5-PP5E
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3996.jpg (138.4 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4894.jpg (116.8 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6031.jpg (129.4 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by KBboards98; 04-23-2014 at 02:42 PM.
KBboards98 is offline   Reply With Quote