Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - What determines stance angle?
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2014, 09:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
f00bar
Veteran Member

Default What determines stance angle?

I feel kind of silly asking, but I really have nobody to ask who rides. From day 1 I've heard duck stance angle this, duck stance angle that. I understand it's a comfort thing. I've played a bit and honestly don't feel much difference so have kept it at like 12 and 5.

Then I was behind this guy at work walking and he had these huge ronald mcdonald feet that when he walked looked like a 30/30. I mean I don't know how this guy makes it through the door without banging his feet on the sides. I'm sure his GF/wife loves him, but damn he looked goofy walking.

So that being said, should the angle on the board kind of mimmic how your feet are when you are just standing/walking as thats presumably your natural stance? At least as a decent starting point to try? My front is at maybe 5 naturally, the back pretty much straight.

My son is about the same, maybe even more parallel so I'm wondering if I should tone him down a bit, he's at 15/5 now.
f00bar is offline   Reply With Quote