Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - about 'advanced' carving
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 01:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Littlebigdreams

Default about 'advanced' carving

How does one find more information to improve carving on a more all mountain/freestyle oriented setup (15/-15 stance)?

I can ride on an edge and make smooth arcs of pencil lines on the snow. I'm familiar with fore/aft movements, up unweighting, down unweighting, and cross-under turns. While carving I can probably keep the board angle at about 45 degrees if the condition is nice enough and the run is steep enough.

So I think I understand "basic carving". The thing is, I have never seen any discussions anywhere about how to improve beyond this type of carving. I don't even know whether if there's a point to learning beyond this type of carving. Like... does trying to become better than this help with freestyle, all mountain, or any aspects of riding?

I've seen people on a freestyle board setup that can somewhat mimic euro carving. They can ride almost with their body parallel to the ground and touch their hands on the snow. They wear soft boots and have similar park setups (something like 15/-9). So I know that my 'basic carving' can definitely be improved. But I just don't know whether if there's a point to it. And I don't know where to find the information...
Littlebigdreams is offline   Reply With Quote