Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Does not matter what kind of board you ride
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2007, 01:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Leon22

I agree with Mort to a certain extent...

I do believe technologies are important, though. I look for sandwich construction and a sintered base. The check the flex pattern of the boards.

There are a lot of cheaper snowboard makes that offer full wood core, sandwich construction and sintered or at least sintruded bases for hella cheap...

My girlfreind has a 5150 Dynasty. It's a full wood core, sandwich constructon, sintruded base and triaxial fiberglass wrap. The board cost 130 CAD brand new.

I look at the Burton Feather for women. They come up with fancy names like the Lightspeed Vision base, Fly core, Biaxial React Fiberglass etc.etc. Then charge $300.00 for the board when in reality all the properties of the board are either worse or at best equal with the 130 CAD
5150 Dynasty. The board that matches closest with the 5150 Dynasty from Burton is the Burton Troop for ~$400.

Plus a lot of cheaper boards are made in the same factory and with the same materials as the big money boards.

All that is important is that you look at the snowboard and disecern what characteristics it has that are favourable to you.

The only thing where I have found brand name can make a difference is in their boots... It is my experience that more expenssive boots fit nicer usually, but event that is not always true...