Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New Goggles
Thread: New Goggles
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 03:20 AM   #13 (permalink)
neni
The Swiss Miss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinbend View Post
Im in the same boat as you, I sweat profusely when I ride hard. My goggle experience has been a work in progress, but I arrived at Smith IOX after owning many different brands. Oakley, Dragon, Von Zipper, Hoven and feel the quality of lenses and venting are best for me with the Smith goggles. I used to have to carry extra oakley lenses just to be able to see. Broke too many to justify owning oakley. Don't have that problem anymore.
So far, all goggles I had (Juble, Smith IO) worked well while riding (fast windflow) even in warm spring conditions, but while hiking they're a no go. I assume that there's just not enough speed/windflow to compensate for the sweating, no matter how fancy the goggles are. As mentioned, even the pretty open sunglasses fog up then.