Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Looking for a New All mountain Pow board
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2014, 09:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Argo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Do you like riding setback twin, tapered directional w/ setback or a true twin?

My favorite pow/all mountain board has been a set back twin. Setback saves the legs in powder.... Once you get used to riding it, you don't even notice it. My board of choice of this type is smokin kt22. It floats very well, holds a solid edge on ice, cuts through chop and is almost indestructible....

Post season I am riding a jones solution split.... It is a very nice ride and floats well. It's a bit more flexible than I like and/or expected it to be. Seems jones qc is off some. My son has the exact same board in a 2cm shorter nonwide length, it's way stiffer....

Boots, love my flow talons.... Extremely comfortable and durable. I tour in them also.... Great boot.

Bindings, I have sparks afterburners on my split, amazing.
Unions factory bindings on my pow board, they are very comfortable and not super stiff so they match my boots well. They are canted, so will a few others from union this year, so you can comfortably ride a wider Freeride type stance. I notice a big difference that I had not before when I go from riding my canted bindings all morning then going to my split in the afternoon. I ride a 1" wider stance with canting....

Last edited by Argo; 05-09-2014 at 09:54 PM.
Argo is offline   Reply With Quote