Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Trampoline advice
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2014, 09:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Someoldguy

Default Trampoline advice

Been looking for a trampoline on craigslist for awhile, and was hoping for some recommendations.

Will be used primarily with either a snowboard or skate deck in an attempt to reconnect with the feeling of grabs with a tweak - something I have been inconsistent with in my return to snowboarding in my old age (43). Had no problems with this in my younger years when more flexible and less of a fatass. The cardio workout using the trampoline is also a huge plus as well.

Round 15' trampolines seem in abundance on craigslist for about $100. Worried it won't be enough bounce to get enough air time to do what I want - which is essentially dial in consistently having a solid kick out of my back leg on methods.

The rectangular 14' x 6' ones seem to be around $400+ avg price used, and are much less common it seems. Are they really that much better than the 15' round ones for what I want to use it for?

Searched here and found some older trampoline post where a friend of a friend or something got hurt really bad on a trampoline. All the trampolines I used 20 years ago to practice grabs/flips etc with a board attached never had a safety net. Does the net really help prevent injury within my intended use?

Any advice is appreciated. If this was the wrong sub forum to post this, let me know please. Thanks.
Someoldguy is offline   Reply With Quote