Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Should I return to snowboarding after dislocation
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 11:29 AM   #10 (permalink)
cmiddlebrook

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24WERD View Post
what kind of board were you riding?

The type of board helps in the riding.
I've only ever used the standard hire equipment which is at the right size for my height but other than that I don't think there's any variation. I never got around to buying my own gear as I never did it very seriously.

I'm not bothered about general falls. A snowboard session without a few bruises would just seem a bit wrong lol. It's not falling itself that worries me - just actual serious injuries. I've managed to have some pretty spectacular falls that were hilarious and not at all painful but this shoulder one really put me off!

I don't recall being taught to fall but if I take lessons again I'll ask. Though very often I find that certain falls (like the last one) happen so fast that I don't even know they're happening and I'm not sure I'd have the reactions to fall in the correct way.

Good to know there are other older folks doing it and no I hadn't seen the term 'gummers' heh :-)
cmiddlebrook is offline   Reply With Quote