Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Custom SwallowTail a Ride Slackcountry (2012)?
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014, 04:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Wangta

Default Custom SwallowTail a Ride Slackcountry (2012)?

Hey guys,

So I'm thinking of creating a pow-specific board with one of my Slackcountry 164s and had a couple questions for those that (i) have done a custom swallowtail and (ii) those that know Ride board construction.

1. The 2012 Slackcountry has Carbon Array 7, which crosses over the board. I've heard of people cutting through these to make a splitboard. But given where the carbon arrays are located, I might be able to avoid cutting them depending on how deep I got with the swallowtail?

Saw this on the splitboard forum laying out the carbon arrays and strips that run north and south:

2. Is the Ride Slackcountry symmetrical in terms of it's highrise rocker? Meaning, is the rocker the same on the tip and tail? Only reason I'm asking - I actually have a dinged up Slackcountry that has a damaged front tip - I could swallotail the front and ride it backwards. If not, I have another Slackcountry that I could use (yes, I bought another).
Wangta is offline   Reply With Quote