Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Does not matter what kind of board you ride
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2007, 01:07 AM   #10 (permalink)
Leon22

I guess it's just me... After working 6 months in a Goodyear tire factory and seeing the esact same tires, made from the exact same materials, by the exact same machines and one get Goodyear stamped on it and the other get Motomaster stamped on it. For a standard 14-inch, the Goodyear was double the price of the motomaster for literally the exact same tire... Snowboards are no different, they are manufactured goods and business models are the same, make money off the full range of consumers (low income to high income) while using the same products with different brand names...

Take it for what its worth. But, I don't play the game the companies want us to play, which is if you have the money buy their pricey brand and if you don't buy the cheap brand. If the high end and low end are made in the same factory and the technologies are similar, I'll take the cheaper one. Just requires some research online.