Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - CO, MT, WY, CA... where to go?
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2014, 02:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
neni
The Swiss Miss

Question CO, MT, WY, CA... where to go?

The next snowboarding trip will again lead to the Chugach Mountains, end of March/beginning of April. But after the experience of being there in a long non-storm window this year, I intend to divide the next trip, so if hitting a non-pow period up there again to at least ride pow somewhere else, i.e. a week in AK and one in the lower 48. Gonna need to book the AK part well in advance, but the other week, I think I can organize spontaniously, wait n see where there's good snow. But for that, I need to know, where I should look at.

Intention would be to ride pow, obviously. Lift accessible, by cat or by hiking. Deep pow, interesting terrain. Where are good places to spend a week, in reasonable distance to an airport with connection to Seattle or Denver?

Other (Ami) guests in the lodge in AK raved about Jackson Hole (for its "long" runs and steep terrain) and Tahoe. K, that are two on the list. From other threads I assume, CO is likely to get good spring snow... so Breck? Vail?

Which places should I add to my "to research in detail and monitor" list and why? If you recommend a place, how likely is it to get accommodation spontaniously? Any hint and piece of information will help! (I've not much clue of "over there")

Edit:
- map of collected options @ post #55
- date n hub (Denver) are set. CO questions @ post #101

Last edited by neni; 08-08-2014 at 08:32 AM.
neni is offline   Reply With Quote