Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - CO, MT, WY, CA... where to go?
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2014, 02:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
Argo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Big sky Montana is 45 min south of Bozeman, they have great steep alpine terrain that is right off the cable car/lifts and hikeable while being in bounds.

Jackson Wyoming - has amazing side country terrain but I would not do it without someone that knows the area WELL. Also good steep terrain off their tram in bounds.

San juans in Colorado -
Silverton has a small single lift and heli that's relatively inexpensive with awesome terrain.

Telluride also has great terrain off the lifts or hike to.

Given the places you have been and go to, these are the best options IMHO for you guys. If you make it to the I70 corridor of Colorado, you can stay in my spare room. We live in Vail at the base of the mountain, I love Vail and there is some great side country that we could show you. it and most everything around here is not the kind of steep your used to. The avalanche danger is high with the winter pack usually tho and the snow is to light to stick to the stuff you would be used to seeing. You max out at around 50 degree slopes holding good safe-ish snow here and you don't get alot of resorts with that steep of terrain that is available.

Last edited by Argo; 05-21-2014 at 02:31 PM.
Argo is offline   Reply With Quote