Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Need some suggestions...
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 02:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
shredbetties

i vote jackson hole! it can be a bit spendy, but i stayed there once in some weird cabins with king size bunk beds that were pretty cheap. and had king size bunk beds. oh, and kitchens. Plus, there's a bus that takes you over the pass to targhee, which is in some kind of freak snow location where they get 200 inches extra of snow each season? Bit of a mellow grade, but still fun.

I'd probably live there if I was rich and didn't need to have a job.

Like killclimbz says, Crested Butte is awesome too, and there's much fun to be had in Aspen... and sometimes you can find cheap digs in Snowmass - my Dad got a place right on the village mall for like $70 a night. There are free busses from Snowmass to the three other resorts. Before I moved here, I stayed in this place once - Aspen Mountain Lodge - and it was really reasonable and gave us free breakfast AND snacks in the afternoon! It's about 7 blocks from the restaurants and bars in aspen, and a bit further to the base of the gondy... and on the free bus route to highlands/buttermilk/snowmass.

For extra cheapness, Bachelor in Oregon is quite entertaining, and gets reasonably good snow - fluffier than most of the Pacific NW, but it does still get some of those wacky weather patterns where suddenly it's raining. And for some reason the lift tickets are like... $40?