Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Anyone been to Banff (Canada)? Thoughts?
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 08:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
chupacabraman
Veteran Member

Lol, what's funny is actually the night it peaked down at -42C i was waiting for the bus to go to my sisters place in Edmonton for christmas (this was on dec.24,2008 i believe). So the station is closed and there is no waiting area... stand outside in the cold .. .the bus showed up 1.5 hrs late (i was FROZEN!!!). talk about doing jumping-jacks and running around the building not to die. i got on the bus and all the seats were gone so i had to sit on the steps for 10 hrs (delays). Oh, and they lost my luggage. Terrible trip.
So yeah... don't go out lol.

Like I said though, this is rare. Always once or twice a winter you get an artic cold chill that slips west into the eastern slopes of the rockies. Usually -30C to -35C and for about a week. Otherwise it's "ok" nothing you haven't experienced before on the east coast... you'll be ok. You'll be fine with your puffer, sometimes I wish I had one.

If this trip gets confirmed just PM me and I'll hook you up with a ton of local info.

Last edited by chupacabraman; 08-06-2009 at 08:04 PM.
chupacabraman is offline   Reply With Quote