Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Need some intermediate All Mountain Board Recommendations
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 10:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
alxmlr789

Default Need some intermediate All Mountain Board Recommendations

Hey guys, not a new rider but new to this forum.

I am planning on making my first board purchase within the next month or so. I've been boarding for about 5 years now, always rented so I have never really looked at the different shape and concave types until this past season.

I borrowed by buddies 156 Burton Custom V rocker (don't think it was a flying V). I really liked it and it is time to purchase something similar my own. The 156 may have been a smidge small for me weight.

My problem is, I don't really know the brands very well. I am from Florida and usually get to ride for a few days in NH, and take a trip out west for a couple of days. This upcoming february/march I am going to do a 10 day trip out west (probably PC, Canyons, Snowbird again). I want a board that I'm not going to have to adapt to. Ultimately I know its' the rider and not the board, but I want to enjoy it right off the bat. I will add that I may be spending some time on the ice coast this year (TN, and NH). So if i need to get a used board for those trips...I can do that too.

I hover right around the 185 lbs mark, sometimes break 190 depending on my workout and diet. I don't ride much park, maybe a couple of rails and small kickers in a beginner park. On the mountain I can do butters, ride a little switch, 180's, 360's off side jumps. I would consider myself an intermediate rider. I do love riding powder, although I don't think I need strictly a powder board.

I want some recommendation on an all mountain board, rocker or some type of hybrid, probably a twin directional and I do like some flex as well. The only two i've really researched is the Burton Flying V, and the Never Summer SL. I like a surfy/skaty feel rather than a locked in. I think I have my size dialed in right at a 158.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help in advance!

Last edited by alxmlr789; 06-03-2014 at 11:01 PM.
alxmlr789 is offline   Reply With Quote