Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Small footprint boot for more playful/flexible board (Skate Banana)
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014, 01:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
persianninja

Default Small footprint boot for more playful/flexible board (Skate Banana)

Hey all,
Some background info 1st:
I just started learning snowboarding this year and had alot of fun.

I have a Skate Banana in size 148N (narrow). im a pretty small dude (5' 3", size 7.5-8 shoe), so I saw the Fuse-AT bindings cover my shoe size in their Medium and Large sizes (like their Medium covers 4-8.5 and Large covers 8-11.5)...
So i chose Medium bindings since its a small board for a small guy like me and assume I'd want the smaller bindings.
I had to use the adjustment on the bindings that makes the Flow highbacks go 'back' further to fit my shoe more comfortably.
but now my Medium sized Flow Fuse-AT bindings would just touch or be over the edges (and almost overhang which I heard is bad).
Just replaced my old board and got a size 149 Skate Banana which seems to be .5 inches bigger at the waist width so should center the binding more properly Im guessing.

Anyway, I guess my question is:
Should I get a small footprint boot for the Medium bindings (and if so, what is a great small-footprint boot that works well with that Skate Banana/Flow Fuse-AT combo) .

or replace my current Medium bindings with Large Fuse bindings to accommodate my current Ride Sage BOA boots (and hope they dont touch the edges of the 149 board)?
persianninja is offline   Reply With Quote