Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Can I ride on a torn ACL?
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2009, 10:29 AM
NyInfamous'Girl

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Oh man, that really sucks. I know exactly how you feel. 2 seasons ago I broke my right humerous bone right in half and in 4 places(bone right above your elbow). I was coming down a steep black diamond and there was a little lip and i had so much speed so I knew I would get sick air if I jumped it. But the only thing was there was a drop right after the lip and I couldn't see what was on the other side, so at the last second I decided it wouldn't be a good idea and I tried to stop as hard as I could on my heels, hit a little patch of ice, went over the lip, and then over the lip there was a mogul. I started falling right on my back, and I wanted to kind of cushion my tailbone from a previous tailbone injury (from snowboarding lol), so I just put my hand behind my lower back, and my arm snapped all the way back. I got up real quick cause I felt it and heard it break and all that, but I wanted to make it to the bottom since I was already half way there. But that wasn't happening. I was out for the rest of the season. Watching my whole crew going every weekend and I had to stay back was the worst feeling. I remember googling "how to snowboard with a broken arm"lol.

Anyway, point of the story is. No...dont board with a torn ACL. You will only most likely mess it up more. Just wait it out...there is always next season.