Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Summer Snowboarding Camp for Kids
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2014, 03:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
dsdavis

Location: Originally from Illinois, but have lived in Philly since 1994.
Default Summer Snowboarding Camp for Kids

My 11 year old daughter asked this morning if there were any summer snowboarding camps she could attend. I did some Googling, and found, "Camp Woodward." It's about three hours away from Philly. There's a sister camp in Tahoe, I think. The PA one is Woodward East, the other, Woodward West.

Just wanted to let others know about this place. It's not cheap, at ~$1100/ week, but that includes lodging for the week, meals, instruction, and tons of other cool sounding activities.

They have camps focused on:

Snowboarding
Freeski
Parkour
BMX
Skateboarding
Scooters
Gymnastics
Video Production
Music Recording
Cheerleading

The snowboarding camp is all done on dry land, but still looks like it could really help one improve.

We can't do it this summer, as we've already booked other camps, but might consider it for next year. They have scholarships available, too.

They also tout the fact that some pros in the various sports come to the camp, or did when they were younger, and that pros are in attendance during the camps to help out and interact with the kids.

Here's a link to the web site:

Camp Woodward - Home

Doug
dsdavis is offline   Reply With Quote