Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Summer Snowboarding Camp for Kids
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2014, 03:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cr0_Reps_Smit
Veteran Member

Woodward West is actually different from Woodward Tahoe. West is in Tehachapi, CA I think while Tahoe is in North Lake Tahoe obviously. We also have a Woodward Copper here in Colo which is pretty awesome in my opinion.

The snow program at east isn't the best considering there is zero snow but it's still a fun experience for anyone really especially a kid. Lots of activities and a ton of other kids to hang out with since there's all kinds of programs, not just snow.

When I worked at east a few summers ago we pretty much hit the trampolines every morning to warm up/stretch, practice spins and such for about an hour. Then they can go do whatever till about noon-ish when we go to one of the indoor foam pits and use the "park boards" for another hour give or take. Then they get lunch and have the rest of the day to do whatever with new made friends. Once a week we will also set up a box on a carpet with snow gel on it and another day once a week we go to the big air bag jump outside and take the park boards to that. The park board if you havent heard of them before are basically smaller snowboards with wheels around the edges so we can ride down a regular skate/BMX ramp into a foam pit and practice spins, flips or grabs. As far as I know we have these at Woodward East, Copper and Tahoe. Not sure about West.

This summer I'm working at Copper and we have A LOT of new stuff thats gonna make this summer awesome. New surface lift in the park so no more hiking and van rides to the top, new air bag, and we have a TON of snow left over from this winter to set up cool features. Both Copper and Tahoe have "barns" (in tahoe they call it the bunker) with indoor trampolines, skate ramps and foam pits for everything which we also use during the camps when not on snow to help get kids more comfortable throwing a trick before taking it to snow.

We also usually have discounts here at Copper for the summer if you book in advance, so something to think about for next summer.

Last edited by Cr0_Reps_Smit; 06-07-2014 at 03:55 PM.
Cr0_Reps_Smit is online now   Reply With Quote