Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - FFS! My Doctors suck!
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2014, 03:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

Medical cannabis while technically legal here, still seems to be in some state of limbo. Growers/dispenceries still get raided from time to time. Some people have been prosecuted for growing, selling. I havent seen a single dispencery anywhere in operation myself. (...having given up recreational use many years ago, I haven't really kept up with what's been going on with it here.)

But regardless, as a DOT, CDL licensed driver? A positive piss test would cost me my job if not necessarily my license. Even if DOT has changed it's stance on it, my company hasn't.

As for the dietary stuff. I'm sure you're right about that. My diet has gone straight to hell over the last year and a half. It's been even worse since the back trouble has pretty much immobilized me.

I used to eat better during and right after I lost all that weight. A LOT more fruits n vegi's than I eat lately. ...aside from the refined sugar in the crap snacks Im eating more of, I do avoid most over processed foods. Always have.

I eat real butter, real meat, real fat n sugar, fresh baked bread,... None of the fat free, sugar free chemical filled foods that are so trendy for diets nowadays.

I most definitely need to get back to eating healthier. I know I did feel better in general when I was eating better. It's been hard to do lately. (...probably wouldn't surprise you terribly to hear that I'm not a very disciplined individual!)

With my current physical limitations and inactivity, along with the constant pain,... The frustration, worry and depression surrounding my present situ! I'm eating more from boredom as well as depression.
(...yes! Excuses excuses!)

I appreciate the comments and recommendations. Maybe admitting here to all of you that I'm the one who's slacked off, turned back into a doughnut hound and allowed myself to go to hell?

Maybe a little tough luv and no nonsense replies to my excuses will be the push I need to get back to eating better. Cuz until I can get back to being more physically active? My diet right now may be my only hope at avoiding becoming a 315 lb tub of blubber again! I doubt I've got another 120lb weight loss in me again at my age!

Wow! Between my recent posts concerning my job, and after re-reading this post,.. apparently I've a lot more goin' on with me besides just this back thing,.. Eh? Hmnnnn! Interesting!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote