Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

A season in BC

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  DiscoStu 
#1 ·
Hi

New to the site.

Looking to do a season in BC at two different resorts. Im an advanced rider looking to reach expert level and mostly into freeriding. Wondering if anyone can advise on what they reckon the two best resorts to do a season in BC are. I have a few ideas but would like to see others.

Cheers

#2 ·
You're going to get a lot of differing opinions on this as everyone has their favourite spot.

What area of BC do you want to be in? The Coast? The Rockies or the North? Do you want to be close to a city or isolated? Do you want a good party spot or somewhere more mellow?

My choice is Whistler, good snow, lots of terrain, and lots of hot girls.

#4 ·
For me its all about the terrain and the snow. Want the steep and deep and a good variety of advanced/expert terrain. The city thing or party thing etc etc is not a factor one way or the other to be honest.
Im thinking of flying into Vancouver and spending 20th Nov to 20th Dec in Whistler, getting a return bus ticket to Fernie where i will spend Jan, Feb and March before returning to Whistler for some late season action in whistler. This way i avoid the olympics, xmas and spring break in Whistler and get a nice mix between the epic but busy riding in Whistler with the more quiet but smaller resort of Fernie.
Any opinions on this possible agenda?

Cheers

#5 · (Edited)
For me its all about the terrain and the snow. Want the steep and deep and a good variety of advanced/expert terrain. The city thing or party thing etc etc is not a factor one way or the other to be honest.
Cheers
This comment truly defines one resort: Revelstoke

And your agenda on the Whistler/Fernie thing seems right, I think that would be a sweet season. Can you really afford both those season passes though? $1500-$1800 for Whistler and $1000 for Fernie. Damnnnn!!

#6 ·
Well ive been saving for quite some time and i was looking at saving money at Whistler by just getting the week day pass because the weekends will be too dam busy anyhow. I do like the sound of Revelstoke too and if some one can convince me its better than either of the other two i would go there.

Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.