Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Boot fitting advice!
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2014, 08:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
crwaite89

Default Boot fitting advice!

I recently purchased a couple of pairs of boots.

Burton Ruler Size 5uk and 32 lashed size 6 uk (purchased wrong size by accident)

My feet measure at a size 5 and i have been trying to break in my burton rulers at home for the past few hours. The problem I have is that the circulation around my toes reduces and makes them numb after about 30 mins. I read on another forum that heating the liners with a blowdryer to mold them better/faster help, (with a sock over my toes) so i have done that and they are still are very tight (particularly on the area around my little toes on the side). They fit very well around the heel and i get no heel lift at all.

The 32s i tried on just to see the difference and they fit very comfortably, my toes touch the end of the liners just, but they have heel lift in them which from what i read isnt good, especially as the liner will pack out creating even more heel lift.

So i guess my question is, do I put up with the tightness for now and see if the liners stretch out enough or is there something else i could do to maybe stretch them out a teeny bit more? like wearing a thing sock underneath my snowboarding ones to pack it out little more?

I suppose this is the bad thing with buying online, but being a guy, size 5 mens boots seem hard to come by. and the rulers were only 36 pound new.
but anyway, any insight or advise would be very much appreciated.

thanks.
crwaite89 is offline   Reply With Quote