Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - newbie needs advice on fear...heights...linking turns on steeper gradient
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2014, 12:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
stevros48

Default newbie needs advice on fear...heights...linking turns on steeper gradient

Hi guys.
My partner has been boarding maybe 8 times in 2 years. This year we have season passes and i want to help her overcome the fear that is holding her back.
From other threads ive seen many people are intimidated by the exit off the chairlift...
I got my gf to go on one first time but once up there she was afraid and only wanted to traverse toe side falling leaf style...she feels the gradient is too steep but its not any different...its just its higher up the mountain.
My question is how can i help her to beat the inner fear of gathering speed ...she doesnt sem to want to face going down the fall line and trusting that the board will turn...shes had 4 lessons in total and doesnt want to get off the learners slope...which she doesnt even like as one run only lasts maybe 15 seconds. Ive even offered to take my board off and hold her hands like instructors do but she wont accept my help....if she cant progress soon i fear the frustration will make her give up. If she doesnt get out of falling leaf she will get nowhere and most people understand a decent gradient and a bit of speed is a snowboarders friend so any ideas guys ???
stevros48 is offline   Reply With Quote