Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - newbie needs advice on fear...heights...linking turns on steeper gradient
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2014, 02:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
stevros48

Please note the intermediate trail is reasonably wide but shes still terrified of going over the edge even though its just more snow that slides down into another area...its not a rockface or cliff. I believe she may need to go with an instructor or a friend as couples do argue abd disagree and i dont want to be the pushy boyfriend. I believe she needs to be able to link turns confidently but she spends more time walking up the hill or on the magic carpet than snowboarding...shes made excuses about her headphones...her binding angles and other things when i think she cant admit the fear of facing down.the falk line....i believe trust in technique will help overcome that fear.....anyone had these fears themselves or with a partner and how to tackle it ? Are people who get scared so much simply going to be no good at snowboarding.....we both started at same time and im happy going to top of the mountain .i still get butterflies in stomach at the top of black runs but i.just go...try and not think too much an listen to my music to help with aggressive carving ...reactions and body.movement and planning my lines.
stevros48 is offline   Reply With Quote