Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - newbie needs advice on fear...heights...linking turns on steeper gradient
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2014, 06:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
kosmoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevros48 View Post
Hey thanks neni for useful comments...actually my gf feels more safer on a board than skis ...we have discussed it...yes she has admitted she may need another lesson but she can be aggressive in sport but the fear of going.fast on a board is the problem...i found the more steep you.go the more you.have to be patient and not force the board to turn too quick if its at the expense of balance. Is it true that pointing where you want to go with arms outstretched parellel to board can really help when learning to traverse and turn.
All i know is that mt hutts learners slope is a joke. Ive read in japan that one resorts beginners trail is 4km long.... Sometimes i think a holiday at a ski in ski out resort might be better as that way we can spend a good 6 to 12 days constantly on far longer learners slopes....another issue seems to be nz learners slopes arent very wide....if we were to go to usa or japan can anyone recommend a great beginners resort ?
buy all the protective gear you can buy, it will bring much confidence
kosmoz is offline   Reply With Quote