Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - newbie needs advice on fear...heights...linking turns on steeper gradient
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2014, 06:16 AM   #9 (permalink)
larrytbull

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosmoz View Post
buy all the protective gear you can buy, it will bring much confidence
+1 on that I wear the demon snow Battle suit. Demon Snow Flex Force Pro Top Body Armor - Men's | Dogfunk.com.

I get a little ribbing from my wife on this, but after a few non snowboard related surgeries, I take no risks.
It keeps u a little warmer and more protected
I find i laugh when I fall as the suit pretty much absorbs any hit.

Also, I had same problem with speed. I felt I was not in control when pointing the board straight down.

I took an initial lesson then
I followed a lot of the progressions steps from the snow professor's website.
I went by my self to bunny hill and just repeated each exercise till i felt comfortable with that step, then I moved on to next. I also found that going on slow days as well as going later in the season helped alot many of the bunny slopes are empty, which will also help build confidence. Less people to crash into or avoid means more focus on skills

for some people Speed takes time
confidence will take time, as long as you allow her to progress on her own schedule.
perhaps if you let her alone on the bunny slope, with a few visits during the course of a day
you may find that she will find the courage to meet you on the intermediate slope after a few days
larrytbull is offline   Reply With Quote