Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Union chargers Who's using them?

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  DrnknZag 
#1 ·
These seem like a decent pair of free ride bindings, I like the Eva concept on the bases and the carbon to stiffen the high backs. But am read some really nasty warranty stuff is it true.?

What are your experiences with them? And what year model are they?:dunno:

#2 ·
what nasty warranty stories are you hearing?
i've had nothing but good experiences with C3 (Union & CAPiTA) warranty issues, through personally contacting them, going through a shop, and also as a shop employee.

would love to try the chargers out on some actual mountains, especially after riding factories around the midwest.

#3 ·
what nasty warranty stories are you hearing?
i've had nothing but good experiences with C3 (Union & CAPiTA) warranty issues, through personally contacting them, going through a shop, and also as a shop employee.

I have read here on this forum and on other reviews, there seems to be a common thread. The high back breaks where it connects to the heal cup(FLWA).

Don't get me wrong. What I am trying to ascertain is the amount of people that actually have had problems and the year the the problems occurred in. Why, I am interested in buying a pair for free riding. It's the chargers or the flow
NX2-RS.:dunno:

#4 · (Edited)
I just logged on to post my end result with Union and the way they handled my Chargers that did indeed have the highback issues. Those issues were supposedly resolved for the 13/14 Chargers. I didn't make it out much since the snow fall got off to a late start and I got into other hobbies/projects but when I finally got some days in I had no issues with the FLAD snapping off. The FLAD adjuster piece itself was a bit soft and wouldn't hold the flipper piece in place, but that had to of been an isolated incident. And, it was easily 'patched' by just screwing in the flipper piece to hold the FLAD in place.

See my thread a couple posts above about the total warranty experience. They were top notch. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them based on CS alone. If you can make a pair of bindings in their lineup work for you, go for it.

On another note the Chargers are great if you like a stiff super supportive binding. I do. I came from Diodes, and like the chargers even better.

Paired with a T. Rice they make me feel invincible.

#5 ·
See my thread a couple posts above about the total warranty experience. They were top notch. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them based on CS alone. If you can make a pair of bindings in their lineup work for you, go for it.

On another note the Chargers are great if you like a stiff super supportive binding. I do. I came from Diodes, and like the chargers even better.

Paired with a T. Rice they make me feel invincible.
I certainly don't have a problem with they're bindings. It's actually to the contrary "I love them". I have two pair of forces and a pair of Danny Kass special edition 2010.

I sooner buy a pair of great bindings like the chargers after they have fixed the issues with them, than being stuck on the side of a mountain trying to fix something with what I have in my backpack or pocket, and then dealing with customer service.
No matter how nice they are you are not going to be reimbursed for the trips cost and the time lost and the miserable feeling you get when shit happens.

#7 ·
Bought last years Chargers, shattered the CF highback on my second day. Warrantied and went back to my tried and true Ride Capos. Talking to the shop guy when I returned them, they've handled a TON of warranty issues with the CF highback. The edge margin on the attachment point is just way too small. I have a tread somewhere around here detailing my adventure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.