Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Advice on new snowboard
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 02:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
neni
The Swiss Miss

From your list I've only ridden the Idol and I liked it, pretty stable. Would serve your purpose.
Don't know the Ride Baretta, but the '13 Farah which would fit as well http://www.snowboardingforum.com/wom...-153-13-a.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungyhippo151 View Post
My old board is 144cm but I'm looking to move to ~147. I'm 5'4 ~120lbs and I know that's on the higher end of my size scale but as I said I'm looking to get more speed. If I get a more aggressive board, I may stay somewhere around 144, but again, I'm open to suggestions.
What makes you think that? A 144 is pretty small for what you aim to ride (carving n speed).
If you look at the weight ranges of e.g. the Baretta, you'd fit in a 151 or even 154 tho I wouldn't recommend to go from a 144 directly on a 154, could be bit of a big step, but... the bigger you go, the more edge you have to work with for carving and more stable at speed.