Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - This sucks and I'm scared to death
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 02:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
linvillegorge
Veteran Member

Default This sucks and I'm scared to death

So the dog hasn't been feeling well the last couple of days so we got him a vet appointment yesterday. They did some blood work and results came in not so good. He's slightly anemic and something is going on with his kidneys. He's a 10 year old Rottweiler, so he's getting to about that age. This is something you know is coming when you get a dog, but it's never something you're ready for.

He goes in again in a few hours for some more tests to try to figure out exactly what is going on. What makes matters worse is that I'm scheduled to fly out to Alaska for a week and a half on Saturday morning for business. Depending on exactly what is going on, I certainly don't want to leave me wife home by herself to deal with this. Unfortunately, this late in the game, I'm not sure I can get out of this AK trip.

I'm going to be fine. I know that we've given that dog the best life a dog could possibly ask for and I'm ready for whatever this might turn out to be. I just really don't want my wife to have to go through this by herself. I just know that when the time comes, it's going to be really, really hard on her. We've had him since he was 12 weeks old and almost as long as we've been together. This really sucks. Hopefully I'm completely overreacting and it's nothing serious.