Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Are my Boots too Small?
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2014, 12:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
tmiddled

Default Are my Boots too Small?

Hi All,

I recently bought a pair of 32 lashed size 8 boots online (yeah, I know big mistake. But cheapest pair here in Australia was >$300 and they cost $130 inc. shipping from US, so I took the gamble).

When I first tried them on I was stoked as I thought they fit perfect, but then did my first day on the slopes with them last week and my big toe on my front foot, and second toe on my back foot absolutely killed by the end of the day from digging into the end of the boot whilst riding heel side.

So, now back from riding:

So when I take the inner out, and they seem to fit nice and snug - my toes don't even touch the end.

When I put the whole boot on and bend my knees, my toes barely touch the end (no pain at all).

When I stand completely straight, there is a decent bit of pressure on the toes.

When I lean back on my heels and point my toes down, there is quite a lot of pressure on my big toes. I have done them up really tight now so not as much pressure as when I was riding, but it is still quite a bit, and I think after a few hours it would start to hurt.

My heel slightly comes off as my foot slides forward a bit when leaning back.

So, are they definitely too small? I am usually a size 8 or 9 shoe. I hired size 8 K2 boots in Japan and they were fine, maybe even a tad too loose.

I guess I have three options. Sell on ebay now. I don't think I would loose too much money as only used once. Keep trying to wear them in, or get them heat moulded.

What would you recommend? I'm going down the snow next weekend again.

Cheers,
Tom

P.S aside from the toes, the boots felt perfect, nice and snug. I've tried doing them up tighter now, to see if that helps with the toe jamming, but they are starting to hurt from tightness.

Last edited by tmiddled; 07-05-2014 at 12:18 AM.
tmiddled is offline   Reply With Quote