Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Looking to upgrade from my Neversummer SL.
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 03:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
onthefence
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Looking to upgrade from my Neversummer SL.

I've had my NS SL (2011/2012) for two full seasons now. I love the way it feels super stable when catching speed, while still being able to get onto rails and kickers. However, this coming season I am planning to learn some small spins and more slides (all I can do is front lip and 50/50 right now). When demoing other boards I've noticed that they all feel significantly lighter than the SL.. even when I demo'd a Proto it felt very light in comparison. I'm under the impression that the SL is not greatly suited to moving around in the air due to its weight, and I'm looking for something else.

Here is a little about how I like to ride at resorts:

I really like to catch a lot of speed in the flats and dig in deep with carves, and I'll do this every opportunity I get. I also really like to catch air off of natural features... nothing too crazy, just ollies off of natural rollers/bumps and ollies around a mogul field... but I like to really go as big as I can with them and I hope to at least turn them into huge 180's this season. I also enjoy park a lot, though I have not yet progressed to large kickers or down-rails... I pretty much only do straight airs and stalefishes on small-medium kickers, and 50/50's, and front lipslides on boxes and mellow rails. But this season I plan to get more playful on a bigger variety of obstacles, as well as learn 180s/360s, more grabs, and more slides. All the while being able to lay in some deep, speedy carves without feeling too bumpy.

What board can you all recommend from personal experience? And why?
onthefence is offline   Reply With Quote