Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Your Snowboard Vehicle.
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 12:05 PM   #97 (permalink)
arsenic0
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunkySpunk View Post
Several times last year we couldn't reach the hill with a 2WD car, however, so we're looking at trading in my Honda for a used Suzuki SX4, Matrix AWD, or a Forester to drive in the winter. The SX4 gets 30MPG highway, which is phenomenal for an AWD vehicle. We're hitting a dealership this weekend to see if my 6'4" goon ass can even fit in an SX4.
The thing that sucks is the days you cant reach the hill because of your car are the epic days!

I still want to trade in my Scion for a Forester or Legacy...

Honestly my TC can get around the city when we had our big snow storm with just winter tires no problem, it was a little sketch because there was so much snow my front end would be plowing which would wiggle it around some...slightly unnerving...

The issue is getting up the mountain, i had one trip in particular that scared the crap out of me...i had to actually keep people wayyy out in front of me so if they slowed down on a hill i wasnt stuck behind them because if i slowed down too much or had to come to a stop i wouldnt have been able to get going again. The stress sucked, i have the money to afford a better car so why not...

Last edited by arsenic0; 08-21-2009 at 12:08 PM.
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote