Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Is a 155 board long enough for6'?

6K views 49 replies 12 participants last post by  ridinbend 
#1 · (Edited)
It's a proto hdx. The longest size is 155. I'm 6 foot and 67 kg
Is this too short or will I be right. I have a size 12 boot.

#7 ·
Do you live in Wyoming or Alaska?

See powder ever?

155 is perfect if you're standing in your living room.:eek:k:
& I'm not saying it's the wrong size either.:icon_scratch:

If your home mtn, looks like a parking lot with a bit of an incline:RantExplode:
Then you prolly don't even need a 55:unsure:

But if you ever see the goods, or you plan to hit Baker all year? There ain't nothin' wrong with a little extra float:thumbsup:

Not sure where you got your info? Or maybe you just have limited selection where you are?

It comes in a 152,155,158,160 & 163

TT

#8 ·
I'm in Australia. So I rarely see powder. There's a lot of hard pack/icey conditions instead.

The only reason why am considering the 155 HDX is because I can now get it for the same price as the salamon sabotage 158cm.

The store I'm at only has the hdx in 155.

#9 · (Edited)
Jeebus!!! 6ft, 67 kg's?? My conversion chart puts that at 147 lbs?

Are you a walking set of pipe cleaners??? I ride a 2012 Proto 157. I ride the resorts with it @ 6ft, 240!!! That's 108kg's! If the new ones still have the blunted tips? They supposedly ride like they're 2-3cm longer.

ETM's right! You've got more concerns with you size 12's than you do with a centimeter or two of board length!

#18 ·
The shop I was going to buy the HDX sold the last one. So now I'm looking at getting the sabotage. I've also been looking at the time machine.

The time machine has better reviews but it doesn't have a wide version. It has a waist width of 249. If I get a low profile/footprint boot do you reckon I could get a decent fit? Do you guys recommend any good small footprint boots?

#21 ·
10 times out of 10 I would take a sabotage over time machine. 6 out of 10 sabotage over mans board. I myself bought a mans board and sabotage for a brother and was surprised how good and fun sabotage is. It also is pretty fast and stable, good edge hold, very agile. Buy it and be happy :)

#25 ·
^all g

:/ Just went to the local board shop and they have sold out on all the wide salamon boards both sabotage assassin and time machine.

Guess I'm gonna scour the net for some deals and order from merica

Do any of you guys have an opinion on the attack banana ? How does that compare to the proto hd?

#47 ·
…it means he was with Kelvin when they were introduced. :blink:

LOL ^^^^^^
Hope your jokin billybob
now, THAT was a joke.

:D

#49 ·
Wayyy too much anal retention over sizes, stances, and stats. My two cents: Get a board suited to your style instead of forcing your style into a limited selection of boards. IMO I highly doubt you'll be pushing your boards to their limits where you'll notice the difference between boards at such high speeds. So get whatever sounds more appealing to you.

Looks like the proto has more flex than the attack banana. I have the Attack Banana, and I never had buttering issues. My friends use the Skate Banana and also have no issues going fast so lesson of the story: it's up to you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.