Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Burton clash vs nitro prime propaganda

5K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  neni 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm from Argentina and I ride in bariloche. I snowboarded for ten days over the last 2 years and now i want my own equipment.

I am a beginner, and I can't link more than 2 or 3 turns.
I'm 6"3 and 220. Boot 12 US.
My only options are 2014 burton clash 164w or 2013 nitro prime proganda. New.

Burton is about 300 dollars more, and I have the money. But will I feel any difference? Will I ride better, or learn faster. Will I notice it?

Hope you can help me decide! Thank you so much!

#3 ·
Burton clash is a rocker profile and soft, nitro is medium and camber. First few days would be easier on burton but I dont see how this entry level burton board could be so much more expensive... In usa it is 350$ without discount. 11 times out of 10 I would pick Nitro over Burton.

#5 ·

this is also very good for first days, but would you ride it after you know a little how to ride? Burton clash is maybe the cheapest burton on market, shity base, soft, excellent for first days on good conditions, but it should be rented, not bought :)

#7 ·
If you get to ride good conditions at Bariloche, try and find a Buston Custom Flying V.

Mid flex, decently forgiving, floats very nice and yet holds the edge in so-so conditions pretty well. Check the board specs for your weight and riding preference.

Other than that, there's a lot of better options than the Clash.

#11 ·
Looks like a good choice. Not worth to pay $300more for a Clash. More like $150... total.

That said, be ready to get whipped the first few tries. If you're used to softer boards with rocker, this will be a noticeable difference. But in the end you'll be better.

A ver quien gana mañana :)))

#13 · (Edited)
Just mind your edges :). Catching edges happens when you don't concentrate on your edges e.g. stiff legged half hearted sloppy transitions or if you try to ride flatbased too early. Stay on a edge, initiate a turn, and let the board do the turn, get on the other edge. Needs some focus at first but you'll soon do it automatically. Bend your knees, don't put your weight on the back leg, don't counter-turn your upper body, ride dynamically. You'll be fine.

Have fun :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.