Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Gearing up for Big Sky.
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 10:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
ATOTony76

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpig View Post
I'm starting to look at gear to protect me from the winter at Big Sky, MT. I'm not sure on all the weights for pants/jackets and what companies make a quality product. Right now I have a Special Blend Snow Patrol jacket will I want something thicker than this? Also would it be worth looking into a gore-tex jacket or is it unnecessary? My jacket has yet to get wet or freeze up on me. I do want a compatible snap waist gator thing with pants to jacket.

Also I want to get a few pair of gloves. Which companies/models should I look at? I'm also thinking maybe some with the removable lining so I still have something covering my hand if I need to change ipod or fiddle with something else.

Any other advice on base layers/mid-layers ect ect. I'm all ears. Pretty nervous to freeze my ass off up their some days from the wind. So any advice would be great!
I hear it gets F'n cold up their, you might consider a down jacket to keep nice and toasty. Personally, I rock a down jacket in the winter no matter wear i go, i like to be warm, if not sweaty. For down, check out Volcom, i know they have some pretty good down jackets (thats what i rock lol), and don't worry about gor-tex, i don't think you are going to get rained on or anything. Layer it up on the bottoms as well. On powder days i use my powder skirt that comes with volcom jackets and pants, it helps alot keepin that snow out.

From alot of buddies who have ridden their, i have been recommended to wear something over the face just because it gets so freakin cold. I am really no help when it comes to gloves tho, i use celtic park gloves, but i am a person who gets warm very warm very easily, so that body heat radiates to my hands keeping them warm.

good luck and have fun!
Volcom Outerwear
Giro Goggles
ATOTony76 is offline   Reply With Quote