Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Weight training
Thread: Weight training
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 07:11 AM   #28 (permalink)
VenomousSVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin89 View Post
hey, yeah, i have been lifting seriously for like a week and i have made it my goal to keep it up cause i have been very on and off the past year, and i am now trying to eat as much as possible cause i find it impossible to gain weight cause im like 135 and 6'0. but hopefully with all this food and weights i can pack on some pounds, but any advice for someone like me that has a super fast metablosim?

I have like no fat on me so i was wondering if i should really adhear to the only healthy fruits and protein, i feel like i could use the carbs lol
well you still want to eat good foods because putting on unhealthy lbs is still not gonna benefit you much.

i read a lot of articles on body building.com and your post brings one to mind that i have read...

Weight gain 101 I hope this helps - Bodybuilding.com Forums

there is some great advice for someone of your body type (Ectomorphs)

i am a Mesomorph and have been out of shape for too many years. I had become chubby in a lot of areas and had jumped to a 22% b/f%. I have lost 20lbs while putting on a ton of muscle and have dropped from 22% b/f to around 16% right now. It took me a long time to change the way my body burned my food... anything i ate effected my body weight terribly, i was terrible about gaining weight. Now after months of training I have gotten to where even though I eat pretty clean most of the time, if I just say eff-it and actually eat not so great my weight doesnt fluctuate like it used to. My weight usually fluctuates 2 lbs at max now due to water % in my body. I am still trying to cut down to 180lbs, but i got on this weight lifting thing lately more so that usually and decided i was gonna start really lifting hard and i completely put a stop to my weight loss..LOL

09 GNU Riders Choice
09 GNU Fastecs
09 GNU Park Pickle
09 Burton Missions
Burton Sabbath's
VenomousSVT is offline   Reply With Quote