Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Weight training
Thread: Weight training
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 08:11 AM   #28 (permalink)

Originally Posted by twin89 View Post
hey, yeah, i have been lifting seriously for like a week and i have made it my goal to keep it up cause i have been very on and off the past year, and i am now trying to eat as much as possible cause i find it impossible to gain weight cause im like 135 and 6'0. but hopefully with all this food and weights i can pack on some pounds, but any advice for someone like me that has a super fast metablosim?

I have like no fat on me so i was wondering if i should really adhear to the only healthy fruits and protein, i feel like i could use the carbs lol
well you still want to eat good foods because putting on unhealthy lbs is still not gonna benefit you much.

i read a lot of articles on body and your post brings one to mind that i have read...

Weight gain 101 I hope this helps - Forums

there is some great advice for someone of your body type (Ectomorphs)

i am a Mesomorph and have been out of shape for too many years. I had become chubby in a lot of areas and had jumped to a 22% b/f%. I have lost 20lbs while putting on a ton of muscle and have dropped from 22% b/f to around 16% right now. It took me a long time to change the way my body burned my food... anything i ate effected my body weight terribly, i was terrible about gaining weight. Now after months of training I have gotten to where even though I eat pretty clean most of the time, if I just say eff-it and actually eat not so great my weight doesnt fluctuate like it used to. My weight usually fluctuates 2 lbs at max now due to water % in my body. I am still trying to cut down to 180lbs, but i got on this weight lifting thing lately more so that usually and decided i was gonna start really lifting hard and i completely put a stop to my weight loss..LOL
2010 East Coast Meet Scout Master

09 GNU Riders Choice
09 GNU Fastecs
09 GNU Park Pickle
09 Burton Missions
Burton Sabbath's
VenomousSVT is offline   Reply With Quote