Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Gearing up for Big Sky.
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 04:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
ATOTony76

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpig View Post
....maybe get an airblaster NINJA SUIT?! I hit tab without reading the rest and googled this. I WILL be dressing up as an undercover Ninja most days of my winter season, especially rocking the Underarmor facemask too! Haha.

I will agree with you to an extent with the gloves. When I went up to Kirkwood, it was about 7 degrees and windy as hell at the peak. I layer up and was really toasty (besides my face which I later went and got a turtle neck thing at lunch, got back up there and the wind had stopped lol). After awhile though my gloves started to freeze up at the finger tips, and then obviously soon after my hands are cold. Same thing happened with them and a couple other pair of gloves even at the local mountain for Las Vegas. Is there just a secret to this to keep them from freezing up?

Everyone is recommending Volcom because of the pant/jacket zip interface. On all the new Burton line up I saw they have the same thing. I know Burton's not popular around here, same with me, but it seems a company as big as Burton would be producing some warm quality jacket/pants? Think I have heard some other people saying their gear is pretty good. And with a lifetime warranty on the PANTS and jackets (always get a tiny hole in the butt of my pants every pair!) how can I say no? Any one use Burton jackets/pants?
Burton tends to get that same hole in the butt of the pants as well, and lifetime warranty might be nice, but who wants to deal with customer service when you could have a pants that will last a long time. Volcom gear is pretty solid. No warrenty, but how they are made who needs one?
Volcom Outerwear
Giro Goggles
ATOTony76 is offline   Reply With Quote