Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Colorado Conditions, Meet ups and General Talk Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2014, 02:39 PM   #3006 (permalink)
BurtonAvenger
Veteran Member

Alright fella's need to pick your brain on some stuff as I'm currently working on a new app and CO is going to be one of the beta testing grounds. So fuck the forum rules of doing a video as it's clear I've been around long enough for you to know I do answer questions on here.

Purpose of the app: This is a meet up (not ride share as CO law fucks you with that currently) to go snowboard/ski. Currently we're toying with either subscription based or advertising based. For the subscription model you are allowed 2 (tentative number) of interactions a month to connect with someone to meet up. The other side of the app is a couch share opportunity. So for those that know the ride back and forth from Denver sucks finding a couch to crash on for either beer, weed, cash, dinner, etc. etc. The user that is looking for a meet up/couch share can then rate the person after their experience. It will have ratings for various criteria.

What I need to know from you guys:

1: iPhone or Droid?

2: Do you actively look to meet up with people to snowboard with?

3: Would you couch surf on a random persons couch?

4: Age

5: Have you ever previously met up with someone from the Internet to ride with them? Did you carpool or meet at the mountain?

6: Have you ever been trapped at the resorts due to road closures and had to sleep in your car or get a hotel room? Would a couch share have been a better solution?

7: Do you prefer subscription base costing $.99 a month or $5.99 a year be too much? Or would you prefer targeted in app ads?

8: What would you look for in an app like this if you would use it?

9: Would you use this app if you had to pay for it initially or would you prefer a free version?

Thanks guys, I await the comical responses as well as the serious ones.