Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The board is "unforgiving"
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2014, 02:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
LA Forever

Default The board is "unforgiving"

A little background on me before I ask my question: I learned how to board on my friend's Burton Vapor (I know, right?). He rides goofy, and I ride regular, but he never changed the binding settings. I learned how to carve in about 3-4 sessions... while riding regular on goofy settings. This was the winter on 2012.

Fast forward to now, I can do greens, blues, and blacks just fine with my Flying V, but I feel like I've pretty much pushed that board to its limits and I want to upgrade. I have been looking at the Custom X and all the specs and tech seem to be amazing. I am looking for a faster board, but I have seen many reviews on it, calling it "unforgiving". Can you guys please give me a better understanding on what that truly means? I don't want to ride the thing and just eat snow the whole time on the mountain. I can carve well, but it's apparently pretty easy to do on a Flying V. How about on the Custom X? Thanks guys!
LA Forever is offline   Reply With Quote