Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The board is "unforgiving"
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2014, 12:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
The Custom X will be fine, people are pussies these days... If you're looking for more stability at speed then the Custom X will work...
…a "Hard" board requires a "Hard" rider, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco tuesday View Post
Check out videos on youtube of ryan knapton buttering on a custom x and see how unforgiving it looks.

...If you can ride it should be fine.
QFT!!! Do a forum search for my "misc. video posts" thread. I've got a shitload of Ryan's tutorials there. The Man can press the shit outta that board!!! You're Damned skippy there taco!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamps View Post
You will be just fine….

The most common place this happens is not when riding aggressively but when lazily cruising or traversing, at end of day when you're not paying attention...

Go for it, sounds like you're plenty ready.
That's the God's honest truth! I had the advantage of first learning to ride on a full camber board, so I don't fear it at all! (…not that I would classify myself as a "Hard" rider!)

What Lamps says is true. I would most often catch an edge and eat shit
near the end of the day, when I was tired and sore, and paying more attention to my aching thighs than my technique!!

Another good time to pay close attention to technique is when going slow or at middlin' speed on cut up, and tracked out hard pack or icy conditions. That's when your contact points are more likely to catch on a rut or track and punish you for inattention.

Hope none of that puts you off going for it! If you ride as well as you claim? You really shouldn't have much trouble.

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
2014/15
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote