Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Suggestions For a second board
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2014, 10:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
alxmlr789

Default Suggestions For a second board

Evening guys.

First off, I am around 180-182 lbs, 6'0" tall, hoping to maybe be at 185 when the season rolls around. I have several trips coming up (Killington for 3 days, NC/TN mountains, and a 10 day utah trip in 2015). I want to scoop up a second board before 2015, just to have my options open on that 10 day trip. I live in FL, so I can't do a whole lot of testing.

I purchased a 2014 Rome Agent rocker 159 brand new on ebay for 142 dollars. Talk about a steal. It's not the board I really wanted (wanted a 157), but for the price brand new I just could not pass it up.

Rocking around and spinning it/buttering it in my living room it feels a LITTLE big, maybe a tad stiff, but that's so hard to tell without actually riding it. I realize that. So, I think the rome is gonna be my "all mountain" board for deeper stuff at 159 and set back. I think I want to scoop up a 156-157 for freestyle, maybe learning park stuff, jibs, spins as I really want to get better at that stuff this season. Although, i do NOT want this board to be a dedicated park/jib stick, I still want this to be a one quiver board, maybe just a tad more versatile than my rome. Would like this to be a centered stance board as practicing switch is on my to do list this season too.

I have my eyes set on the Proto HD and that may very well be my addition (hell might even be my primary), just waiting for the 2015 to drop. Also looking at the machete 155/157, But, I wanted to get other opinions around here. Need this board to handle some ice as TN/NC mountains can be pretty damn icy!

Thanks!

Last edited by alxmlr789; 08-17-2014 at 10:10 PM.
alxmlr789 is offline   Reply With Quote